Thursday, June 10, 2010

The cup of joy

It starts tomorrow. The greatest sports extravaganza of the planet. it's the soccer world cup. Olympics is a different scale, but when it comes to sheer passion and following it's the football world cup that makes the cut. The best in the world will be in action. As a young boy, i used to prepare black coffee, keep it it ready in flask and watch game after game. It helped that my parents never really interfered with my night viewing. I have been lucky that way. Every four years, it's fun to watch the beautiful game played by the very best. First time in africa. this time I am not backing any teams. Letting myself enjoy the games. May the best team win. That's one advantage of being an Indian. Don't have to be dispoointed if shunted out in the first round. Being a cricket enthusiast, I would still want to watch a soccer world cup than that of cricket. It's a simple game. There is powere and there is beauty. Waiting for the cup to fill up with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment